Wednesday 9 September 2015

Me As A Consumer Of Music


I like many different types of music which I think is because of influences from family and friends.

Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 where my Father’s favourite artists when I was born and whilst I was growing up. From a young age I have always been surrounded by Michael Jackson songs and I could tell you his catch phrases by the time I was 2. Michael Jackson songs were constantly played in the house and in the car on long journeys, to friend’s houses and even on the way to school. There was always a Michael Jackson song being played. Michael Jackson was also a performer and my Father had also been to many of his concerts. I used to watch the music video of Thriller on repeat when I was allowed on the family computer. It amazed me and I felt as if that could be career for myself. I would practise the dance routine and I knew all the lyrics. I feel this may have influenced me in the way I like to sing and perform songs in front of people. Whenever I hear a Michael Jackson song come on I instantly start to sing and it puts me in a good and thoughtful mood.



Another artist that I enjoy listening to is Taylor Swift. I started listening to her when she used to sing slow, country songs, and I still listening to her pop style songs now. The reason I started listening to her was because of her soft country voice. Her ‘Love Song’ was the first song I sang on a stage in front of people. She started to develop her style of singing and songs to fit the style of music at the time so has been very successful. Her songs are very catchy and up beat now. This makes them easy to listen to and good to sing along to.

















I also enjoy listening some styles of rap music. I feel this has only just become an interest to me as it has been introduced to me by my older brother and my boyfriend. Meek mill has worked on a range of types of music. He has rapped in pop style music and has made his own tracks of rapping only. I enjoy listening to these as they have good string beats in the background. I also enjoy listening to the lyrics in rap music as I feel they can be truthful sometimes.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment